The Pimlico to Teven (Enabling Works) upgrade is a 2.3km length project which follows on from the Ballina Bypass project, as Stage 2.
This stage will facilitate the future upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Woodburn and Ballina, known as HW10 Pacific Highway. The construction of this upgrade was awarded to Leighton Contractors as a Construct only contract and major construction commenced in November 2013.
Stage two consists of the following:
- Building 2.3 kilometres of two lane single carriageway on the Pacific Highway (temporary tie-ins to the existing road included).
- Building 1.3 kilometres of two lane single carriageway on the Bruxner Highway.
- Realignment of 300 metres of two lane single carriageway on Pimlico Road to create a new temporary intersection with the Pacific Highway.
- Building a new 117 metre long bridge over Duck Creek (Pacific Highway).
- Providing a new 173 metre bridge over Emigrant Creek South (Bruxner Highway).
- Drainage alterations and landscape works.
- Providing maintenance access roads on both sides of Emigrant Creek South.