The upgrade to the Devils Pulpit section of the Pacific Highway between Grafton and Ballina in the Northern Rivers area of NSW encompassed a 7.3 kilometre section of the Pacific Highway which forms part of the 33km Iluka Road to Woodburn project.
The key features of the project were:
- 7.3 kilometre of four lane divided highway with a wide median to allow for future upgrade to six lanes.
- Improvements to property access and amenity for nearby residents.
- Improvements to drainage and flood mitigation.
- Construction of bridges over Tabbimoble floodways.
- Overhead rope crossings for glider and other animal species.