The Majura Parkway is the single largest road infrastructure project undertaken by the ACT to date.
When completed, it will link the Federal Highway at its northern end to the Monaro Highway at its southern end.
PES provides the full Contract Site Management team for the GC21 contract with a major (bridge) D&C element including the PAP, 2 PAPDs, one Site Engineer 4 Surveillance Officers, 2 Administration Managers and Environmental, Safety and Survey elements. Broad statistics for the Majura Parkway project are:
- 11.5 km long, dual carriageway and will have speed limit of 100 km/hr
- 2 x 3.5 metres traffic lanes, a 2.5 m roadside shoulder and a 1m offside shoulder 10 bridges, including 250 metre twin bridges over the Molonglo River
- Designed to carry 40,000 vehicles a day including 6,000 trucks
The Majura Parkway project will provide a wide range of benefits including:
- improved traffic flow and safety;
- additional capacity on the ACT road network;
- reduced travel times;
- improved access to the Majura Valley;
- dedicated on-road cycle lanes to encourage cycling;
- improved access to the national and regional freight route; and
- supporting infrastructure for the Canberra International Airport to become a major international freight and commuter hub.